Friday, March 1, 2019

Group Meetings


Hi again,

Yesterday in class, we had group meetings to showcase our blogs/projects. In these meetings, we presented our project ideas, our progress, and any issues we may have been facing.

I really liked this meeting; it was helpful to hear different perspectives and thoughts on my work. My group, as well as Riley's group, really liked our idea. Our groups, however, had different thoughts on what time period our film opening should take place in.

My group, for example, felt that we would be more successful producing a more modern work based in the 21st century. They said it would be difficult to find the appropriate props for the 1950’s. We would have to, for example, buy clothing reminiscent of this time, like a sheath dress, which has a long and narrow silhouette. We might also have to buy a wig or arrange our hair differently, as both Riley and I have longer hair that wouldn’t fit with the conventions of the 50’s.


Riley's group, on the other hand, thought we should go with our initial idea of setting our work in the 1950’s. They said it would be more interesting and would create another rendition we should explore.

Honestly, I’m still really stuck on this. I see and understand both groups’ points. Basing it in the 1950’s would be really interesting and fun, but it would be really difficult to achieve successfully. Basing it in the 21st century would be, obviously, way more familiar to us and might produce more rewarding results. This would allow us to focus on other elements, like character development and lighting. I’ll have to discuss this with Riley so we can decide together. I’ll update you on our final decision!

As for the character, my group really liked the idea of having a femme fatale as the main character. They said they pictured the woman being in her early 20’s and said that, with the appropriate makeup, I could pass off as this age. This was a very useful suggestion, as I hadn’t thought before what age the main character should be. My group also said that the interrogator should be played by an older person. I had previously stated that either me or Riley would play this character, but as my classmates stated, this wouldn’t be believable, as interrogators are often older. It would take a lot of effort and makeup if we were to fake this.

I agree with their suggestion and have, therefore, decided to find someone else to play this role. Riley doesn’t think her parents will be interested, so we might have to find someone else. This will be challenging hecause I don’t know how many people we’re allowed to bring into the interrogation room.

Overall, the group meeting was very helpful to improve my project. All of my group members had new and interesting ideas that hasn’t crossed my mind yet. I also like how, every time, the groups change; this allows for refreshing perspectives each time we have these meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment