Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Storyboarding


Today in class, Riley and I began working on our storyboard. I'll be honest, storyboarding was way harder than I had anticipated! Regardless of the difficulties, it was a fun process and even though we still have a long way to go, I'm glad we have a starting point.















So far, we have two shots decided. We found it difficult to estimate the length of our film opening only from what we have on paper. Hopefully when we finish, our project will be close to 2 minutes, as that's what we're aiming for. If it's not, we'll have to add some extra shots, probably cutaways.

We will begin the opening with a black screen. An animation of our company name - we still need to figure this out - will fade in and out. This will be followed by our first shot: the classic close-up shot of a woman stepping out of a car. The close-up will only show the woman's heels. This will create a sense of mystery and uncertainty, since the audience has no idea who the woman is. For the shoes, I will probably wear tall black heels I already own, or I might buy red ones.

Image result for heels getting out of car

This will be followed by a medium shot of the woman's (Blair's) lower body. She'll be wearing a red dress and, of course, the heels. This shot will show the rim of her dress, her legs, and her heels as she walks toward the police facility. I think it would be interesting if she walks by a row of cop cars before reaching the door of the facility. There may be two issues with this, though; we might not be able to film at this location, and police cars in the 50's looked a lot different then than they do today.

Image result for police cars in the 1950sImage result for police cars today


I've been gaining inspiration from Shutterstock clips for some of these ideas. I'll add the links down below:

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-30310240-police-interrogation-room-slow-high-angle-dolly

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1010825780-empty-dark-interrogation-room-metal-table-chairs

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-24664214-police-going-over-fingerprints-database

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-20703178-girl-apply-lip-stick-looking-mirror-holding

Next class, Riley and I will work more on our storyboard, so I'll be adding those details soon as well.

See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment