Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Supplies

Hello and welcome back!

Previously I talked about choosing costumes for our main characters. Today, I would like to touch on the rest of the supplies we will need.

We will be using Riley’s camera to film. Since she has used that camera in film class, she has a lot of experience with it and is very familiar with how it works. In terms of lighting, we might have to buy extra materials, like a ring light, for the interrogation scene.

Image result for ring light

Lighting in interrogation rooms are often very dull, and even though this would go well with the scene, I wanted to have an option available to add extra light if needed. For the interrogation scene I was also thinking of having a soft red light. To do this, I would bring a lamp and red tissue paper to put over the lamp to create a slightly red light.

As for props, we will need a cigarette, a cigarette holder, and fake blood. Since we are both 18, we could buy the cigarette at a gas station. Of course, these would only be used for props and we wouldn't actually smoke them. For the cigarette holder, I found a very cheap one on EBay.


As for the fake blood, I searched on many different websites and a lot of the fake blood I found had very bad reviews. I found one, though, that’s highly rated on MakeUpMania. We might buy this or make our own, as there are many DIY recipes online.

Image result for fake blood makeup maniaBen Nye Stage Blood

As Riley and I move along the planning process, we might find that we need more supplies. As of now, though, I’m glad we have our list done!

Buy 1920s Slim Long Cigarette Holder Women Gangster Flapper Fancy Smoke Ladies online. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ebay.com/p/1920s-Slim-Long-Cigarette-Holder-Women-Gangster-Flapper-Fancy-Smoke-Ladies/22019871580?iid=183512250005&chn=ps

Ben Nye Stage Blood. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.makeupmania.com/products/ben-nye-stage-blood

No comments:

Post a Comment