Sunday, March 3, 2019

Schedule

Hello and welcome back!

Since me and Riley's ideas are starting to come together, it is time to create a schedule for our future work on the project. This is the schedule I have created and will hopefully stick to:

Week 1 
During this week, we focused mostly on the genre, characters, and plot of our project.

Week 2 
During this current week, I have continued research on the crime drama genre and thoroughly studied film openings of other films of this genre. I have also researched the femme fatale character, as well as conventions of the 1950's. Through the group meetings, I received very helpful ideas and insights on my project, like the suggestion of using a voiceover of the film opening. This meeting, as well as the research, was extremely helpful to narrow down me and Riley's ideas and to further understand our selected genre.

Week 3/4/5
Next week and the two weeks following this, I plan to further narrow down our ideas. Riley and I still have to plan out the rest of the movie. This step is vital; without a basic framework of the rest of the film, it will be extremely difficult to properly create a film opening for it. We also have to cast for the main characters (we haven't decided who will play what character) and have to decide on the characters' names/backgrounds. During these weeks, we also need to make sure the interrogation room will be available to film in. If not, we're going to have to come up with a plan B (we would probably end up filming in the garage). During week 3, I plan to have finalized a story board for the film opening. I plan on starting the filming process around week 4 and/or week 5, since week 6 is spring break and I will probably be out of town. During these weeks, we will have to invest in mis en scene elements, such as costumes, makeup products, and props.

Week 6 
And...Spring Break! As I stated before, I plan on having finished most (hopefully all) of the filming in the previous weeks. This would allow Riley and I to focus mainly on editing during week 6. Since we'll be out of school, we're going to have to plan appropriately and, if we travel, we'll have to make sure to bring all necessary materials to work on our project.

Week 7
During this last week, Riley and I will be completing final touches on our project, as well as completing the Creative Critical Reflection. By the 7th, we will have completed the CRR, the blog, and the film opening.


No comments:

Post a Comment